ProductDesigner21: Learn to Design Profitable, Responsible, and Sustainable Products for the 21st Century
ProductDesigner 21 (DfE Online®) is a unique online training and certification program in Design For Environment (DfE), a design approach that has revolutionized the way engineers approach electronics product design. This training will teach you how to design products responsibly and cost effectively:
- Increase product reliability and competitiveness
- Reduce manufacturing costs and risks
- Comply with global environmental regulations
- Enhance career satisfaction and advancement
Who is it for?
Electronic Design Engineers, Supply Chain Managers, Product Launch teams, Executives, Managers, and others who are interested in the business advantages of DfE:
- Ability to sell into every major market worldwide
- 1%-5% reduction of Cost of Goods Sold (COGS)
- 80% of DfE principles increase reliability
- Consumer interest and competitive edge
Developed by a team of experts with over 75 years combined experience in the electronics industry, ProductDesigner21, extends their onsite DfE workshops that trained more than 1,000 engineers, managers and executives in North America, China and EMEA. Now you can access that expertise with all the benefits of an online program:
- 8 self-paced training modules
- Complete each module at your own convenience, with your team or individually
- Engaging interactive exercises and videos
- Additional resources for professional development
1. Why DfE is Critical for Business, the Planet, and Job Performance
2. Impact of Substance Emissions on Health and Environment
3. Reduction of Material Resources in DfE
4. Techniques for Designing Energy Efficient Electronics
5. DfE Methods for Disassembly and High-value ‘Afterlife’
6. Tools for Measuring Environmental Performance and Monetary ROI
7. Supply Chain Strategies for Reducing Social and Environmental Impacts
8. DfE Case Studies, Critical Recommendations, and Future Roadmap
Plus: Tools for professional development (videos, quizzes, user forum, certificate, and more).
About the Instructors:
Graham Adams, President and Founder of PlesTech Ltd., leverages 45 years in engineering, research, quality systems, management, and eco-design. Creator of EcoFly eco-design software.
Pamela J. Gordon, President and Founder of Technology Forecasters Inc. (TFI), providing research and consulting to the electronics and technology industries since 1987. Author of the groundbreaking book, Lean and Green: Profit for your Workplace and the Environment.
Harvey Stone, environmental consultant, entrepreneur and writer, has specialized in helping corporations and agencies to adopt sustainable practices, including DfE, that address social, economic and environmental issues while reducing costs. Author of Melting Down , an environmental thriller novel.
Companies have three purchasing options*
– includes 2 hours of consulting
– includes 4 hours of consulting
University students and individuals may purchase a single license for US$995 – includes 1 hour of consulting
*One-time purchase fee including access to first year’s updates; subsequent years’ access to updates charged at 15% of original purchase fee per year.
Available now: Order online
Call now (1-510-479-3478) to reserve your copy of DfE Online® V2
To Schedule a Demo,